Monday, February 13, 2012

A Quick Update

It has been quite a while since I talked with most of you and just want you all to know how I am doing.  It has been 10 months  but the time really has gone fast and I am doing ok, so grateful to have had the past 10 months.  I am now on my 4th type of Chemo which is a very strong one, which is good to help fight the cancer.  I have really done well with it compared to the last two I was treated with.  I now even have some hair, even though it does not look like me when I look in the mirror.  Short, very short and very gray and curly, very strange but it looks better than bald.  I even have eyelashes again and that is so great.  After tomorrow I will have another week of the "red devil" and then more scans and tests.  This is always a anxious time but treatments can not continue or be changed until this is done.  Because this treatment can be so very hard on my heart I will probably have to have a different type of chemo. A little nervous about that but it will be ok, glad there are other options out there.  As I go each week I sometimes wish I was somewhere else ( anywhere else) but then I realize how nice it is to be able to have treatments and have them close to home.  The cancer center is a wonderful place and helps lots of people, I have become so close to some of the other patients and am so grateful for them and their strenghts and positive attitude. There is one  dear lady there who has been having chemo for five years every week and she is so sweet and positive with everyone, she says she is a five year cancer survivor , she is so awesome.  Some days I wish I could see places I have not been to or do things I have not yet done, but I then realize that here is really where I want to be, with my family and friends and the beautiful valley we live in.  My kids are wonderful as ever ( sounds like a Mom)  I am so very thankful for all they do for us on a daily basis, and our grandchildren, what can I say except I am so very blessed.  They make me want to have more time, hope and faith, they really are the light of my life and each one of them and their sweet spirits and crazy little personalities get me through some kind of scary days.  Randy is so great, so very patient and kind never complaining and worrying along with me but so strong.  What would be do with out wonderful families?  I am still working but only a few hours a few days a week but so grateful for that also, great boss and friends to put up with it all for this long.  My Mom is also a great strength and so concerned and loving.  I have always been kind of strong willed ( stuborn)  and also pretty positive, guess this is a time that these "gifts" are helpful.  I do have lots of hope and know that because of who I am the Lord knows I can do this even though it is hard, everyone has hard things and we can handle hard things when we have to.  I am not a writer like my daughters but just want all of you to know how very much I love each of you and appreciate every thought, kindness, prayer, card, dinner and encouragement that you all give to me and to my family as I am certainly not going through this alone.  It has been very hard on my family so thanks you and love to you all.  

3 comments:

  1. Love you Aunt Debbie. I want to let you know that every night we say prayers, Bo remembers you. This is how it goes (your part, at least):

    Me: And please bless Aunt
    Bo: Debbie
    Me: That she can
    Bo: Get better.

    So cute and we are ALL praying for you. Love you tons and tons!! You are a blessing in our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I love you so much. You are such a great example to me of love, compassionate and courage. I would love to go to chemo with you and chat and giggle with you. My only regret is that I didn't take the time to get to know you earlier. I feel such a sweet sisterhood with you. Let's make a date and spend an hour or so together. Love, Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so glad to see that you wrote Debbie, and you ARE a good writer! We continue to pray for you and we love you very much. I am going to try to come see you this weekend! JIll

      Delete