Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

I am so amazed at how well my Mom seems to be doing.  I don't even know that she's doing that well, I just think she's really strong!  She looks great!  I thought she would look sick and although that day may come I am amazed that she is just as beautiful as ever!  She's always so well put together, you would never know what's going on inside of her body.  More than that, I am amazed by her attitude!  I have not once heard her complain and when I ask her how she's doing she says, "I wouldn't dare complain." I just think seriously?  Because I'm complaining and it's not even my body.  She describes what she has been feeling this past week as a really severe flu with the body aches, chills, etc.  I don't know what it feels like to have cancer, but I do know what it feels like to have the flu and yet somehow she has been able to maintain her life.  Although there are some things her body just honestly can't do right now she does so well at doing everything she can.  She still attends important events for her grandchildren and works when she can.  My Mom has always been a strength to me and even more so now.  How is it that even at her weakest she is able to build me up?  Happy Mother's Day to the most amazing Mom, no PERSON ever!  I love you!  My heart aches that she has to start another round of this (chemo) tomorrow, but I'm so relieved to know that right this second her body is fighting back and hopefully depleting cancer cells. 

2 comments:

  1. I love you Deb - fight - fight - fight!
    prayers - prayers - prayer and love - love - love is coming your way.
    Kathy Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I'm glad to see you are fighting this. You are such an inspiration. Add my prayers to the many out there for you. And by the way--go ahead and complain a little. It will make me feel better. I love you.

    ReplyDelete